Sign up  |   |   |  Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 4 of 5      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next
81Dawg

Avatar / Picture

General
Registered:
Posts: 4,604
Reply with quote  #46 
2-4 to start the season.  0-2 to start SOCON play & we still have to play Woffy & Vermin.  This season is already lost.  Don't see us finishing above .500 - AGAIN;  Definitel y no playoffs or top 25 ranking.  Is BT on the hot seat if this is a 3rd consecutive losing season?

How do we:

1.  Beat Ga Tech on the road, but lose to VMI at home?

2.  Have a 14 point lead vs Sammy & let them tie and then we lose the game, but are behind by 14 and can't come back to win?

3.  Have more yards passing than rushng, and rush for less than 100 yards?

__________________
LTC (Ret.)
0
Upstatedog

BENCH JOCKEY
Registered:
Posts: 46
Reply with quote  #47 
In my opinion, we simply do not have a true triple option threat. We don’t seem to be able to execute a perimeter option. Not being able to that really hurts us. We can toss sweep but that’s about it. Also,I’m now wondering if our O line is not executing as it should. Bottom line, the stats show that run yards per game and run yards per play has steadily been down the last 3 years. My .02.
0
FuFan

KNOBMORE
Registered:
Posts: 25
Reply with quote  #48 
Boy y'all suck
0
fblott1952

Starter
Registered:
Posts: 182
Reply with quote  #49 
The QB is hurt that’s the reason we have no offense. I was there and the best he can do is hobble around. Everyone I was around said #16 at 60% is better than the backup. Why even to have a backup? Not sure B T is the answer... we are looking at 4-8 or even 2-10. We are in trouble.
0
Boneyard78

Avatar / Picture

Corporal
Registered:
Posts: 59
Reply with quote  #50 
The better team won today....and that is the problem.
__________________
Citadel Football Association - All-American level
Citadel Diamond Dogs Club - RBI level
TCBF - General Level
TCBF Memorial Scholarship
0
elcid123

All Socon Poster
Registered:
Posts: 2,085
Reply with quote  #51 
Why was the visitors side louder than the home side with 20 percent of the fans ...

We were best on and off the field .

Low point of this program the past 10 years ...


Doesn’t seem possible after beating power 5 team a few weeks ago ...
0
81Dawg

Avatar / Picture

General
Registered:
Posts: 4,604
Reply with quote  #52 
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid123
Why was the visitors side louder than the home side with 20 percent of the fans ...

We were best on and off the field .

Low point of this program the past 10 years ...


Doesn’t seem possible after beating power 5 team a few weeks ago ...


because 50% of the fans on the home side left at halftime.

__________________
LTC (Ret.)
0
CID1990

Avatar / Picture

General
Registered:
Posts: 4,005
Reply with quote  #53 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game
If we have to lose I'd rather lose to our brothers at VMI than chumps like furburger, or waffle, or wcu


This year we won’t have to choose because we are going to lose to all of them.

__________________
0
CID1990

Avatar / Picture

General
Registered:
Posts: 4,005
Reply with quote  #54 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fblott1952
The QB is hurt that’s the reason we have no offense. I was there and the best he can do is hobble around. Everyone I was around said #16 at 60% is better than the backup. Why even to have a backup? Not sure B T is the answer... we are looking at 4-8 or even 2-10. We are in trouble.


The QB being hurt doesn’t have anything to do with their offense marching all over us. They moved pretty much at will on the ground and in the air.

__________________
0
Watdog

PRE-KNOB
Registered:
Posts: 9
Reply with quote  #55 
I heard several times coming home tonight from several players on the field that our crowd was very weak and the VMI crowd was twice as loud. It is embarrassing that the wine and cheese comment was stated about our fanbase. People leaving because we are losing. The players deserve better. This was enforced by the Commandant orders not letting Sophs and Jrs overnights. I scream and yell at the game and people look like I am crazy? And nobody on the board came to my tailgate and introduced themselves. See you next weekend GO DOGS !
0
Watdog

PRE-KNOB
Registered:
Posts: 9
Reply with quote  #56 
We had 30 plus prospects on the sidelines today and they were asking why our 10,000 plus crowd were not cheering all out for our team? First hand knowledge from the bench warmers !
0
Citadel4Lyfe

Corporal
Registered:
Posts: 69
Reply with quote  #57 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watdog
I heard several times coming home tonight from several players on the field that our crowd was very weak and the VMI crowd was twice as loud. It is embarrassing that the wine and cheese comment was stated about our fanbase. People leaving because we are losing. The players deserve better. This was enforced by the Commandant orders not letting Sophs and Jrs overnights. I scream and yell at the game and people look like I am crazy? And nobody on the board came to my tailgate and introduced themselves. See you next weekend GO DOGS !


"WATerboyDOG"- Let me see if I have this right: players call YOU after the game to tell you how the crowd not cheering caused them to lose? Not conditioning, poor blocking, poor tackling, questionable game plan, or being over-confident? Did they also beg to get your kid in the game, which would have turned the whole thing around? 

Maybe members of this board did not go to YOUR tailgate because we have much better spots from giving MORE and for LONGER. And who wants to go to some wanna-bee tough guy's spot to listen to stories of Wofford, banking, or soccer? We go to tailgates to visit with classmates and fellow alumni.

And let's make this clear for you, helicopter daddy, when the team does something worth cheering for, they are cheered. We do not celebrate mediocrity. There was plenty of cheering when plays were made and results were achieved. I get that you give your kid a trophy for waking up in the morning, but we demand excellence and don't pretend that we aren't disappointed when we don't achieve that excellence. Tell all of those players that call YOU to hang up and call their position coach, strength coach, and teammates so they can analyze what went wrong and how to correct it rather than thinking that fans clapping, or not clapping, had anything to do with the egg they laid on the field (or on the bench).

Go Bulldogs! F@$K Wofford!

0
TrueBlue88

Avatar / Picture

General
Registered:
Posts: 3,958
Reply with quote  #58 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watdog
I heard several times coming home tonight from several players on the field that our crowd was very weak and the VMI crowd was twice as loud. It is embarrassing that the wine and cheese comment was stated about our fanbase. People leaving because we are losing. The players deserve better. This was enforced by the Commandant orders not letting Sophs and Jrs overnights. I scream and yell at the game and people look like I am crazy? And nobody on the board came to my tailgate and introduced themselves. See you next weekend GO DOGS !


Thank you! I needed some comic relief following that game. Having a Wofford grad call us “wine and cheese” is hilarious. And having any expectation that those who have followed the Bulldogs for decades have some obligation or desire to find you at a tailgate rather than enjoying time with our classmates, families, friends and cadets is the most self-obsessed, arrogant attitude I’ve ever seen. Keep the ignorance coming, I need the distraction. The great irony is the number of folks in the stands who defended your right to act is such manner and the number who could not be in the stands as they are scattered around the world doing so today. “Wine and cheese”? Hardly.

As for blaming the crowd:
“I don’t know what happened. I don’t know exactly what happened today, but I know we didn’t come out hungry, and that’s my fault. We didn’t come out ready to go, and that’s my fault.” Coach Brent Thompson
That will be all.

__________________
Don’t make it hard to be a fan.
0
BravoBeach95

Major
Registered:
Posts: 401
Reply with quote  #59 
Sir, respectfully, if you are encouraging this attitude from your son you are wrong. But I am the father of boys so I know it is easy to coddle sometimes. Hang up the phone and tell him to get back to work. There is a game on Saturday.

I have been to 90% of home games since 2011 and have attended at least one game each year since my first Citadel football game in 1991. We cheer plenty hard when we have something to cheer about. When we play the way we played yesterday maybe there is not much to cheer about. Tell your son we love and respect our players but yesterday was a debacle of the sort I haven’t seen in quite a few years.



QUOTE=Watdog]We had 30 plus prospects on the sidelines today and they were asking why our 10,000 plus crowd were not cheering all out for our team? First hand knowledge from the bench warmers !

__________________
Go Dogs!
0
Boneyard78

Avatar / Picture

Corporal
Registered:
Posts: 59
Reply with quote  #60 
PJ Watson - I'm sure your son is a fine young man but you are doing him a disservice by coming on here acting like a prick.
__________________
Citadel Football Association - All-American level
Citadel Diamond Dogs Club - RBI level
TCBF - General Level
TCBF Memorial Scholarship
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.