Sign up  |   |   |  Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Vox

KNOB
Registered:
Posts: 15
Reply with quote  #1 
The Brent Thompson Coaches Show returns tonight! We'll recap the big win over Furman and get ready for Mercer.

7-8 PM at the Marina Variety Store Restaurant and on ESPN Radio 94.7 FM & 910 AM

It can be streamed online here: https://radio.securenetsystems.net/v5/index.cfm?stationCallSign=WTMZ

ALSO: you can submit any questions for Coach (both football or non-football related) right here and we will try to get to them during the show! (better late than never...)
0
Vox

KNOB
Registered:
Posts: 15
Reply with quote  #2 
And I apologize (Coach) for the misspell in the topic description...
0
elcid123

All Socon Poster
Registered:
Posts: 2,117
Reply with quote  #3 
Was Saturday just a perfect storm on both sides of the ball or do we have a jeckell and hyde type of team where you never know who is going to show up week to week?   This past Sat may have been the most complete game we have played in years minus the 3 TOs.  VMI may be the most disappointing game we have played in years!
0
elcid123

All Socon Poster
Registered:
Posts: 2,117
Reply with quote  #4 
4th and 2 from your own 15 ??!
0
BullDog85

Avatar / Picture

General
Registered:
Posts: 4,498
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid123
4th and 2 from your own 15 ??!
Coach - Are those brass or titanium balls?

__________________
"Everybody has a plan until they get hit." - Mike Tyson
"You're never completely worthless, because you can always serve as a bad example." - Mr. Doubletalk
0
CID1990

Avatar / Picture

General
Registered:
Posts: 4,062
Reply with quote  #6 
Coach - can you talk a little bit about the disparity in the amount of rushing yards being put up by the QB versus the running backs, within the context of the triple option? It seems that in years past, the split between the QB and the RBs was more evenly distributed. Nowadays Rainey is almost continually our leading rusher. In terms of offensive production, should the triple option (when it is running well) have the numbers more evenly distributed between the QB and the RBs? Is there some change to our playing/play calling style which is contributing to this? Are other teams just keying better on the dive and the pitch, thereby forcing Rainey to run more? Does it matter?
__________________
0
dogfan1987

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 5,167
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog85
Coach - Are those brass or titanium balls?


Luke did he answer this question?
0
Vox

KNOB
Registered:
Posts: 15
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CID1990
Coach - can you talk a little bit about the disparity in the amount of rushing yards being put up by the QB versus the running backs, within the context of the triple option? It seems that in years past, the split between the QB and the RBs was more evenly distributed. Nowadays Rainey is almost continually our leading rusher. In terms of offensive production, should the triple option (when it is running well) have the numbers more evenly distributed between the QB and the RBs? Is there some change to our playing/play calling style which is contributing to this? Are other teams just keying better on the dive and the pitch, thereby forcing Rainey to run more? Does it matter?


I will save this one for Wednesday night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog85
Coach - Are those brass or titanium balls?


Maybe this one too...
0
fblott1952

Starter
Registered:
Posts: 190
Reply with quote  #9 
What is status of # 4...Phil Davis?  Was hurt on the last play of the game. (he intercepted a pass).  Had to be helped off the field.
0
elcid123

All Socon Poster
Registered:
Posts: 2,117
Reply with quote  #10 
Rainey and Webb have another year of eligibility...Do you know if they both plan on using it?

If not will we be able to get another QB some reps if we can get a bigger lead..
0
Cid68

Colonel
Registered:
Posts: 865
Reply with quote  #11 
I have talked to the young men and they are both very smart.  This is just their 4th year in college. They graduated in 3 years and both made plans to get their MBA. I would be surprised if they didn't want to stay and get their MBA paid for with their scholarship.
0
Game

Avatar / Picture

All Socon Poster
Registered:
Posts: 1,436
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid68
I have talked to the young men and they are both very smart.  This is just their 4th year in college. They graduated in 3 years and both made plans to get their MBA. I would be surprised if they didn't want to stay and get their MBA paid for with their scholarship.


You mean I can go to graduate school, play some football, live in Charleston, hang out at the beach and surf. Wait...........you're paying for graduate school too?

OK, I'm in. Where do I sign?

__________________
We don't hurt people, but sometimes people get hurt.
0
Huntingman

All Socon Poster
Registered:
Posts: 1,965
Reply with quote  #13 
I wonder though if someone from the NFL will come calling for young Mr. Webb.  Strong, explosive, fast (4.4 I hear), catches most everything thrown to him, and seemingly only makes TD catches nearly every time he touches the ball.  Tied for season TD catch record with Andre Roberts with 3 (or more perhaps) games left. 
Hope he is with us next year for another year, makes another 8-10 TD catches, and then gets looked at.
0
elcid123

All Socon Poster
Registered:
Posts: 2,117
Reply with quote  #14 
Scouts are very aware of 22...it is just a matter of what they do with him...pick him in the draft or offer him a FA spot?
0
Deeltahaughtwon

Avatar / Picture

Colonel
Registered:
Posts: 610
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid123
Rainey and Webb have another year of eligibility...Do you know if they both plan on using it?

If not will we be able to get another QB some reps if we can get a bigger lead..


I wonder this also... but he states he really like Schneckel
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.