Sign up  |   |   |  Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 5 of 6     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   Next
dogfan1987

Avatar / Picture

moderator
Registered:
Posts: 5,424
Reply with quote  #61 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutsidetheLine
I was there - a great day to be a Bulldog!


Sorry I missed you, we did tailgate briefly with legend Brian Baima. He is South of Nashville and I told him to add you to his email list for Middle Tn events. 

Hope yall are well!



I thought the defender on BR's facemask held on longer than the average and put BR in an awkward position when he was tackled. Need that dude back for next week.



How freaking hard is ref'ing a football game. I know some parts of it are excruciatingly hard but counting the number of players on a field where we have 7 on the line and 4 in the backfield should be automatic. Some of the crap we have seen in three games with 3 different crews is elementary. I thought Murdaugh had slipped off the left tackle for a little bit of a gain and then the whistle blows because the zebra in the backfield thought he saw 12 men on the field. Come on man.   
0
TrueBlue88

Avatar / Picture

General
Registered:
Posts: 3,981
Reply with quote  #62 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81Dawg


See post #127 under the "Game 2 - Elon" thread.


One question out of 145 posts and no replies to it? 😂
I don’t see that as a problem.

__________________
Don’t make it hard to be a fan.
0
81Dawg

Avatar / Picture

General
Registered:
Posts: 4,909
Reply with quote  #63 
From CBSSports.com:

"This was not a fluky performance for The Citadel, either, though it was somewhat ironic. The Bulldogs used their-option offense to continually pound Georgia Tech's defense for 320 yards on the ground. Usually when you see an option team give another program fits, it's because you don't see many option attacks anymore. Georgia Tech, however, ran an option offense for the last decade. While Geoff Collins is transitioning the offense to more of a modern spread, the players on Georgia Tech's defense went against an option offense in practice every day before this season. You would have thought they'd be better prepared for what they saw on Saturday."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/the-citadel-knocks-off-georgia-tech-in-overtime-to-add-to-the-accs-early-season-woes/

__________________
LTC (Ret.)
0
BearDownMU

Avatar / Picture

KNOB
Registered:
Posts: 18
Reply with quote  #64 
Great win guys.  Congrats to your team.
0
CID1990

Avatar / Picture

General
Registered:
Posts: 4,093
Reply with quote  #65 
So I’m going to be a Debbie Downer on what should be a triumphant thread celebrating uet another FBS scalp on our stringer ....

Does somebody at the school owe an explanation as to why, when we are going to send the Corps or at least a part of the Corps to a big, regionally televised football game... we have them wear utilities? It is tantamount to wearing duty uniform off campus. It looks lazy and unprofessional. The weather was suitable for summer leave and IMO that’s what they should be wearing. In utilities the Corps is indistinguishable from a Guard unit. They need to be distinguishable and to do that they need to wear the uniform of The Citadel.

I’m pretty sure utilities aren’t authorized for general leave (or are they?) so why would we represent the school in them at a big away game? It looks unprofessional and frankly, lazy.

Sorry for taking a dump in this thread but that’s my two cents’ opinion. I’m sure there may be an actual reason for wearing what amounts to an on-base work uniform in a representational situation that I am not aware of. I’d be grateful if someone in the know would explain it to me.

__________________
0
jaxdog

Avatar / Picture

All Socon Poster
Registered:
Posts: 1,506
Reply with quote  #66 
Replay available on foxsportsgo.com for those who want to relive and relish this one!
0
81Dawg

Avatar / Picture

General
Registered:
Posts: 4,909
Reply with quote  #67 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CID1990
So I’m going to be a Debbie Downer on what should be a triumphant thread celebrating uet another FBS scalp on our stringer ....

Does somebody at the school owe an explanation as to why, when we are going to send the Corps or at least a part of the Corps to a big, regionally televised football game... we have them wear utilities? It is tantamount to wearing duty uniform off campus. It looks lazy and unprofessional. The weather was suitable for summer leave and IMO that’s what they should be wearing. In utilities the Corps is indistinguishable from a Guard unit. They need to be distinguishable and to do that they need to wear the uniform of The Citadel.

I’m pretty sure utilities aren’t authorized for general leave (or are they?) so why would we represent the school in them at a big away game? It looks unprofessional and frankly, lazy.

Sorry for taking a dump in this thread but that’s my two cents’ opinion. I’m sure there may be an actual reason for wearing what amounts to an on-base work uniform in a representational situation that I am not aware of. I’d be grateful if someone in the know would explain it to me.


Knobs have been on campus for about 1 month.  What uniforms do they have available to wear?

__________________
LTC (Ret.)
0
81Dawg

Avatar / Picture

General
Registered:
Posts: 4,909
Reply with quote  #68 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue88


One question out of 145 posts and no replies to it? 😂
I don’t see that as a problem.


Agree, not really a "hot" topic, especially after yesterday's win over GT, but there were 4 replies to the original post.

__________________
LTC (Ret.)
0
CID1990

Avatar / Picture

General
Registered:
Posts: 4,093
Reply with quote  #69 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81Dawg


Knobs have been on campus for about 1 month.  What unifroms do they have available to wear?  


I have an old fart memory but I still remember that in the first home game of the season (every season) we wore Summer Leave.

The knobs who did not yet have their SL trousers wore duty trousers.

Knobs have worn the uniform of the day for season openers forever. Knobs not yet having uniforms in September has never been a thing and cannot be used as an excuse today. I’m looking for a better justification than that.

__________________
0
walkon

Colonel
Registered:
Posts: 628
Reply with quote  #70 
We won, knobs looked great, Brian Rainey thanked them, everybody is happy, lighten up!
0
elcid123

All Socon Poster
Registered:
Posts: 2,138
Reply with quote  #71 
Great win and I love the fatigues in game day . It is an athletic event not a inspection !
Ironically, it is also what the cadets from army wore at Michigan in national tv last week where they looked great as well in the stands and on the gridiron .
0
dogfan1987

Avatar / Picture

moderator
Registered:
Posts: 5,424
Reply with quote  #72 
I wonder what kind of answer BT got when he asked the ref how in the hell did he count 12 men on the field and blew the play dead? That was about the only time Murdaugh shook free and had some green grass in front of him. Then they had to go to the replay booth after the count came up 11 two times. 
0
Huntingman

All Socon Poster
Registered:
Posts: 2,065
Reply with quote  #73 
That is one game that I was glad I traveled to so I could see in person.  Great day to be a Bulldog!
Was at both chicken pluckin's too; now waiting to tear a tail off a Tiger next year!  (Right!)
0
SandlapperSpike

Avatar / Picture

General
Registered:
Posts: 2,797
Reply with quote  #74 
The freshmen looked good, and went appropriately crazy after big plays. And why not -- a thrill for a lifetime.



__________________
https://thesportsarsenal.com/2020/05/24/the-tantalizingly-brief-charge-of-the-citadels-light-brigade/
0
blueboat46

Second teamer
Registered:
Posts: 81
Reply with quote  #75 
Fatigues looked tough. Uniforms fine. Score fantastic.
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.